Limited standard operations at JGU (since June 7)[last updated October 12, 2021]
JGU has been in limited standard operations since June 7, 2021. In view of highly contagious virus mutations, caution is still advised.
Limited standard operations
- All buildings are generally open.
- Access to the campus by car is only possible with a permit.
- On campus, the general protective measures must be observed
- Wearing a medical mask is mandatory.
- In the context of research and teaching as well as other events at JGU, the ‘3G rule’ (‘vaccinated, tested or recovered’, see info box) applies; contact information is recorded.
You have to be vaccinated, recovered or tested negatively for Covid to participate in courses, use student student study spaces or the libraries. Students and teaching staff have to carry corresponding documentation with them. The 3G rule also applies to other events on campus.
The easiest way to document your 3G status are digital certificates (uploaded in the Corona-Warn-App or CovPass-App). JGU also accepts paper versions of the certificates.
- You can provide proof of your vaccination status by showing your (digital) vaccination certificate or your vaccination record.
- You must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine listed by the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut (s. Link).
- Current options to get vaccinated in Rhineland-Palatinate can be found here.
- At the beginning of the semester, there is also the option to get vaccinated directly at JGU (see here)..
- To provide proof of your recovery, you have to submit a positive PCR test result.
- The test must have been carried out at least 28 days but no more than 6 months previously.
- Required proof is a negative PoC antigen test, carried out by trained personnel (such as test centers, pharmacies, doctors); self-tests are not accepted).
- The test must be from that day or the day before.
- Testing options can be found here: Covid-19 Testing Options..
- Free rapid antigen tests are still available for:
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons
- Pregnant women (until December 31)
- (until December) Students who have been vaccinated with a vaccine that is not approved in the EU (i.e. listed by the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut).
- JGU does not cover costs for tests.
Student study spaces and libraries
- Borrowing items from the University Library’s branches is possible.
- Student study spaces in Mainz are available (in some cases with reservation).
- Many items are available online.
Additional study spaces for students
- JGU provides additional study spaces for students in different lecture halls.
- You can check the capacity of the different locations online .
- The 3G rule applies in all locations.