CURRENT INFORMATION ON HOW JGU DEALS WITH THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
JGU returns to normal university operations (May 26, 2022)[last updated June 13, 2022]
ACT RESPONSIBLY. PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
- We ask members and guests at JGU to continue wearing a mask while indoors, especially if you are unable to maintain physical distance (during events, for example).
- Regular ventilation provides fresh air and helps to avoid infections via aerosols.
- Symptoms should always be clarified. If you are unsure, you can still get tested. Free testing is available until the end of June.
- The vaccination offers the best individual protection against severe illness.
As of May 26, the mask requirement ceases to apply in JGU buildings. As of May 27, the university library is accessible without space restrictions and compulsory reservation.
If you have tested positive for Covid-19, suspect an infection or enter Germany from a high-risk area, you have to isolate immediately.
- JGU’s Corona Statutes also apply for the summer semester 2022.The following deadlines are suspended until September 30, 2022 (JGU’s Corona Statutes (in German)):
- Registration for repeat examinations and repeat deadlines
- Registration for bachelor’s and master’s thesis
- Meeting requirements imposed upon admission to a degree program
Students who were admitted to a master’s degree program without having completed their bachelor’s degree can submit proof of their completed bachelor’s degree by the end of their second academic semester. If you started your master’s degree in the winter semester 2021/22 and are now in your second academic semester (summer semester 2022), the deadline has been extended until September 30, 2022.
In light of the special circumstances, students have the opportunity to withdraw from an examination up to 48 hours before the examination date. This also applies to repeat examinations. After this period, the usual withdrawal regulation as laid out in the examination regulations apply, according to which withdrawal is only possible for valid reasons.
In the summer semester 2022 no additional repeat attempts will be granted.