Limited standard operations at JGU (starting June 7)[last updated: 14.07.2021]
JGU has been in limited standard operations since June 7, 2021. In view of highly contagious virus mutations, caution is still advised.
Limited standard operations
- Buildings are open for selected courses, events or service offerings. Access to the campus by car remains closed.
- In accordance with the German Infection Protection Act, employees work from home wherever possible.
- On campus, the distancing and hygiene regulations must be observed and rooms must be aired out regularly.
- At JGU, wearing a medical mask is mandatory
- Rapid testing is offered at the test center in Hechtsheim and on campus.
Summer semester continues online
- On-campus courses are only permitted when online replacements are impossible. These may include (as decided by the faculties):
- Lab courses
- Patient care courses
- Other courses with essential practical components (s.a. in experimental disciplines, practical sports courses, studio work in the arts, musical courses as well as practical language classes).
- Dean’s Offices or heads of institutions/facilities may approve voluntary additional courses on-campus.
Please note the specific regulations of your faculty or subject.
Examinations take place
- Written on-campus examinations take place as planned in compliance with the applicable distancing and hygiene regulations.
- Oral examinations can take place on-campus in compliance with the faculties’ distancing and hygiene regulations. The Executive University Board expressly points out that oral examinations can take place online.
- In justified cases and upon request, the responsible examination committee may offer alternatives to on-campus examinations for individual students (more information).
Information on written examinations
- In the case of symptoms that point to Covid-19, you may not sit the exam on-campus.
- You are required to wear a medical mask (surgical mask or FFP2 or KN95) in all JGU buildings and also during written examinations.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask in all buildings (including vaccinated persons). In accordance with §2 of the 24th Corona-Bekämpfungsverordnung (Corona Control Ordinance, dated June 30, 2021) you are not required to wear the mask once you have taken your seat, provided that the distance requirement can be observed. Due to the fact that the level of vaccination coverage among students is not yet sufficient, the Executive University Board asks all students and staff to keep wearing the mask during the exam, if possible. Students who take part in an on-campus examination and do not have a medical mask will get one at the location of the examination.
- Please also avoid contacts before and after the examination and observe the distancing and hygiene regulations.
Further information for students can be found here.
- Borrowing is possible at most branches of the University Library.
- Study places in Mainz are available with reservation.
- Many items are available online.
- More information can be found here.
On-campus research possible to a limited extent
- On-campus research is possible in compliance with the current distancing and hygiene regulations according to the faculties’ concepts.